DID YOU KNOW THAT:
- B.C. is forecast to have 903,000 job openings between 2018 and 2028.
- 77% of future jobs will require some form of post-secondary education or training.
- 166,000 job openings over the next 10 years will be in occupations that have a high chance of being affected by automation.
- Active listening is identified as a “very important” skill for 73 percent of total projected job openings.
Details on these facts and much more is available in the 2018 edition of British Columbia’s Labour Market Outlook, now available to view online and download. The report provides the most up-to-date information on the types of jobs and skills that will be in demand in B.C. between now and 2028.
For students, parents and educators, the Outlook delivers valuable career, education and skills training information to help guide career choices. For employers and business owners, the Outlook supports long-term planning and identification of skills needs.
Inside the Outlook You Will Also Find:
- A 10-year forecast of job openings and the education and skills needed to get them.
- A list of High Demand Occupations.
- A discussion of Indigenous Labour Market Information.
- The top in-demand skills and competencies over the next 10 years