If you’re a parent, educator or career counsellor, you’ll find the 2018 WorkBC Parents’ Guide an invaluable resource. Full of practical ideas, exercises and resources, the guide will help you talk with your youth as they explore career and educational pathways.
To get the 2018 WorkBC Parent Guide you can download as a PDF from our website [it’s a Resource on the Counsellor, Parent and Student pages].
You can also order a copy free of charge, for shipment within B.C. [available in several languages] from the WorkBC Parents’ Guide webpage.
DID YOU KNOW?
- In all, 917,000 job openings are expected in B.C. between 2017 and 2027.
- 78% of future jobs will require some form of post-secondary education or training.
- Parents are the greatest influencers of youths’ career choices. Teens interviewed for the Parents’ Guide listed their parents as the people they were most likely to talk to about careers.
INSIDE THE PARENTS’ GUIDE
- Learn how to help your youth find their direction and succeed in working toward their goals.
- Find information on High Demand Occupations in B.C. and trends in our labour market.
- Explore learning paths—from high school course selection to financing a post-secondary education.
- Discover career planning resources on WorkBC.ca and other B.C. and national websites.
- Explore 500 career profiles
- Watch career videos
CHECK OUT ALL THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE WorkBC Website